Welcome to D-STAR Info!
This site is dedicated to helping D-STAR users world wide. From basic information on what D-STAR is to detailed technical information, This site can hopefully solve any of your cravings!
Dayton and DSTAR InfoCon 2014
It's about that time again. The Dayton Hamvention and the DSTARInfoCon training class are just around the corner. Head to DSTARInfoCon 2014 to find out more information and register for the class.
D-STAR Repeater Downloads Updated
** IC-5100 Support Added ** and a few more updates, especially for European repeaters. If there are ever any issues, please drop a note to info@DSTARInfo.com.
Updated Specifications - ID-5100 *NEW 11 March*
Icom is pleased to announce details of the new ID-5100 dual band D-STAR mobile. As with Icom’s latest range of products, this new model has a new generation design and range of features including large, responsive touch screen LCD, Bluetooth connectivity and second station control through an Android device*.
* Optional Bluetooth unit UT-133 is required. Android software is available free.
• Large, responsive touch screen LCD
• Optional UT-133 Bluetooth unit enables audio accessory connection and Android terminal connection (CI-V via Bluetooth SPP profile).
• Optional VS-3 Bluetooth pendant earpiece microphone has volume adjust buttons, PTT and three programmable buttons. Third party Bluetooth audio accessories may also be compatible (not guaranteed).
• RS-MS1A Android application will be a free to use download. It controls the radio for DR mode operation, exchanging text messages/pictures and showing GPS location over Google Maps.
• Two independent receivers with simultaneous receive capability VV/VU/UU
• 50W output on both VHF anf UHF
• Enhanced DR mode (also include analogue repeaters)
• Added “Nearby Repeater Scan” in DR scan function
• D-Plus reflector usability (can select “reflector” in TO field)
• DV Dual Watch for simultaneously waiting in two DV voice streams (decodes one only)
• Home button (same as ID-51 feature)
• D-PRS enhancements (details to be announced)
• 1,000 memory channels
• Built-in GPS engine (inside the controller, no EXT antenna possible)
• ESN (Electronic Serial Number) / SD Card slot (in the black box main unit).
• New HM-207 control microphone is supplied as standard.
• Other Features
o Wideband receiving (receives 118-137MHz(AM), 137-174/380-479MHz only)
These are still preliminary details of the new radio series and specifications may change. Please stay tuned to our website for further details, pricing and availability.
To download high resolution images of this product, please visit our image bank at: www.icomuk.co.uk/imagebank.
* DSTARInfo Maps bing updated *
We've added some of the features of the D-STAR Maps back to the site. We're still working on them. Let us know what you think.
D-STAR Systems by Region
Closest D-STAR Systems to a Specified Location
D-STAR Satellite Getting Closer to Launch
The launch is currently proposed for late 2014, but the satellite is being assembled at this time. Check out the videos at AMSAT
For New ID-51 / 31 Users
For the quickest quick-start guide, check out D-STARInfo ID-51 Quick-Start Guide
Repeater owners or administrator may update their information by going to www.DSTARInfo.com/update.